The latest version of the popular Kali Linux is available for Download. Several changes, most notably the new work environment. The development team listened to thousands of Kali users and tried to lighten the new version 2019.4 with Xfce. Another feature we like is Kali Undercover which enables you to run the operating system on a “fake” Windows environment when you want to avoid getting noticed into your workplace.
At the same time we should not forget NetHunter Kex, the shell that allows you to run a full Kali desktop to your mobile.
Summary of the new features of Kali Linux 2019.4 as given by Kali.org
- A new default desktop environment, Xfce
- New GTK3 theme (for Gnome and Xfce)
- Introduction of “Kali Undercover” mode
- Kali Documentation has a new home and is now Git powered
- Public Packaging – getting your tools into Kali
- Kali NetHunter KeX – Full Kali desktop on Android
- BTRFS during setup
- Added PowerShell
- The kernel is upgraded to version 5.3.9
- Plus the normal bugs fixes and updates.
The next upgrade 2020.1 is expected at the end of January and according to the Development Team Blog we will see Non-Root User by Default
As Kali Linux is not recommended for beginners, Read our guide
and first try Debian, the distribution on which Kali is based.